Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Track 45: "Blue Sky" by the Allman Brothers Band

Don't fly, Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walkin down the road...

Back to back posts?! OMG! WTF?! Maybe I'm feeling industrious. Maybe the creative juices are gurgling in my blood stream. Maybe I just heard this tune on the iPod while walking Bertha around the neighborhood on a perfectly humid early spring evening with the sweet smells in the air just sort of sticking to me.

I'm going to keep repeat-week going with my 2nd Allman Brothers Band track. I love track 21 "Little Martha" just because it's such a lovely, lovely song. But I really can't think of a much better windows-open sing-along tune than "Blue Sky."

It's just deliciously Southern and great to sing along to anytime you have the sun in your face. And of course Dickey Betts shows you why he's one of my favorite guitarists ever--he's just so melodic and hits some perfect notes.

I'm sure whatever reasons the band had for booting Betts out of the ABB back in 2002 (I guess?) were completely logical and justified. And even though I love this band and they ABSOLUTELY KILL LIVE, I will always wish Dickey Betts was still playing with the Allman Brothers Band.



--Music is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment